It’s hard to believe LOST has been off the air for almost 8 years. But every once in a while I’m reminded of the power this show still has. A few examples:
- Today tickets went on sale for We Have to Go Back: The LOST Concert 2018 in Los Angeles. While there was an issue with bots purchasing tickets, there was also a TON of LOSTies trying to purchase and the site crashed and was eventually taken offline for a short time.
- Tickets are still available for the September 15, 2018 show – but are going quickly. You can get them here. Will they add a second day due to popularity?
- We have to go back — and we are, again! We are preparing for our third event! It’s incredible that people from all over the world join us in Hawaii, where the series filmed for six seasons, to connect with other LOST fans. We’re still two years out and I’m already getting lots of emails! This is a true testament to the show. Fans are ready to journey back to the island to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the series finale.
- New fans continue to find the show every single day. Whether it’s through Hulu or a friend who turns them on to the show – it continues to add new people to the LOSTie community.
- Our friends at Cancer Gets LOST, who channel fandom for the greater good, held their first auction of primarily LOST items plus some from various Bad Robot shows. Since 2012 their auctions have grown to include a wide range of TV shows and films. Their next auction is scheduled to open on August 1 (if not sooner). The 2018 Cancer Gets LOST Online Charity Auction will feature signed/rare items from over 75 TV shows and 35 films! 100% of the net proceeds will be donated to PanCAN.
What other ways do you see how the power of LOST continues long after the show has been off the air?
*image courtesy ABC